Proposed Amendments to SNRW Bylaws (Amended language or deletions are in red ink.)
ARTICLE IV- OFFICERS
E. The Corresponding Secretary shall:
1. Assist the President with correspondence;
2. Prepare and distribute a master calendar of club activities.
2. Perform other duties assigned by the President.
8. The Term of Office.
For all officers shall be one (1) year beginning on January 1st,, and no officer may serve in the same position for more than two (2) consecutive terms with the exception of the Treasurer who may elect to serve a consecutive third term.
ARTICLE V - COMMITTEES
(This is current language)
8. The Caring for America Committee shall encourage the club to honor and aid our current and veteran military and their families.
(This is the proposed revision)
8. The Caring for America Committee shall encourage Club to expand volunteer community service activities in their communities, and shall encourage clubs to honor and aid our current and veteran soldiers and their families.
9. Refer to NvFRW bylaws for detailed information concerning each of the NvFRW Standing Committees.
ARTICLE VI- MEETINGS
1. The regular meeting shall be held the second Wednesday of each month. Special meetings may be called by the President or upon the written request of eight active members of the club. There shall be a minimum of five regular general meetings a year.
2. A quorum at a regular meeting shall consist of one-third (1/3) of the total voting membership of the club.
3. Regular meetings of the Executive Board shall be held prior to the regular meetings of the club at such time and place as determined by the President.
4. A quorum of the Executive Board shall be a majority of the elected officers and the Immediate Past President.
5. Voting Between Regularly Scheduled Meetings.
A. A vote of members can be conducted by email between regularly scheduled meetings provided there is participation by a majority of the members. The vote shall be ratified and entered into the minutes at the next regular meeting of the body.
B. A vote of the Executive Board can be conducted by email or conference telephone call between regularly scheduled meetings provided that there is participation by a quorum of the Executive Board. The vote shall be ratified and entered into the minutes of the next Executive Board meeting.
ARTICLE XIII – DISSOLUTION
In the event of dissolution of Sierra Nevada Republican Women all of its assets remaining after payment of all costs and expenses of such dissolution shall be distributed to the Nevada Federation of Republican Women. None of the assets shall be distributed to any member or officer of the Club.